Monday, September 26, 2016

Running

Do people actually like to run? I'm attempting to do a Turkey Trot 5K this year, but I have to work my way up to it. The entire time I am running, all I can think is how much I hate running. When I finish, I realize that's thirty minutes of my life I will never get back (although...all I have is time right now I suppose).

I like the idea of running - it's just you and the road and zen and whatever. In practice, it is horrible! I don't even get that "Man, that was so much fun let's do it again!" amnesia I get when I do the MS150 bike ride.

I've used a few apps to try to help - I started with Couch to 5K and now use Zombies, Run!. I would def start with Couch to 5K again, but Zombies, Run! has story line missions that make the time go much faster.  ZR! has the bonus of British accents and zombies, so I think I will be sticking with it for a while.

Today isn't exactly a thought provoking blog entry, but it feels like a vacation day - not like I don't have a job right now. I start thinking about all the things I want to do before I have to go to the office tomorrow before I realize I won't be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment