Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Stuck

I was totally stuck on ideas for what to write today. The most important thing I have done all day is go to the Post Office to mail stuff I sold on Amazon. Then I thought - why does that bother me?

I don't know the last time I had nothing to do. I don't have work, I don't have school, I don't have kids (thank Quetzy). I got up at 11am and job searched until I took myself on a Pokemon walk over to the Post Office. Then I binge watched some OJ: Made in America before making dinner.

Having nothing to do is always seen as bad or being lazy. Why? Today was nice - it was relaxing. I wasn't trying to cram a bunch of errands in on a lunch break after eating food at my desk. I had time to walk over and enjoy the weather.

I haven't had weekday daytime to myself in a very long time. Even when I took vacation days it was because I had something else to do. Even if that something was fun (and it usually was - I'm big on fun), I wasn't listening to myself.

That's probably the scariest part of being funemployed. I have to figure out what I want to be doing. I've been sitting at the computer job searching for the past two days. I don't want a job where I cry multiple times a day or where I spent six months crying over reporting information.

Can there be a Buzzfeed quiz on what I should be doing with my life?

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think this is great for you. For once you don't have a million things to do and you can just chill. Take advantage of all this free time girl, and enjoy just being and not doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even after day 3 it still feels so strange! I'm not used to this at all

      Delete
    2. I know. It probably feels so weird. But you go this girl, enjoy it while it lasts!

      Delete