Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I love Teen Vogue

I am currently totally in love with Teen Vogue.

They have seriously been the best periodical since the election (I didn't read them before, so I can't talk about them then). They have struck a balance between deeply caring about political issues and still living your life.

I definitely care about what is going on. I care about the Muslim ban. I care about defunding Planned Parenthood. I care about gerrymandering. I care about LGBT rights. I care about feminism and making sure it is intersectional.

But it can get exhausting.

Teen Vogue has kept publishing articles about "normal" things while keeping up with the issues. So my Facebook feed will have an article about Senators comparing Planned Parenthood to concentration camps next and then they share an article about nipple piercings.

We all need to keep caring. We can't act like what is going on in to country is normal. But we also need to make sure we don't get protest fatigue. What we need is Teen Vogue showing us that we can fight and still live.

No comments:

Post a Comment