Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Travel Story Interrupted!

I am going to leave the second part of my travel story for another day - my friends threw me a surprise wedding shower on Saturday!!

Me being super surprised
My husband and I eloped in Hawaii back in April without telling anyone. So we didn't do a bridal shower or engagement party or anything like that (although we did have a Vegas bachelorette party). While I love that we eloped, I didn't love missing out on those kinds of events. I like the idea of celebrating milestones with your friends. My friends knew this and decided to surprise me with a shower on Saturday!

I thought my friend and I were going up to Ross Park Mall to do some shopping. I even brought an Express return that I needed to do! When she showed up, she said she was buying a toaster oven from someone in Building A and wanted to get it before we went shopping. After a few awkward moments of us trying to figure out how to get in (in which I didn't realize anything was going on), we got in the elevator to go to the Party Room. When we turned the corner, I saw that the party room was decorated and a ton of my friends/family were there!

As you may have guessed, we were not going shopping. Somehow, all my friends managed to keep it a secret from me for who knows how long! Definitely long enough that there were invitations and save the dates. Two of my friends were dressed as different incarnations of me - one when I dressed up like a dead hookers for a play and the other from when I made a shirt to see a Tamburitzan show. It is def strange to have people dressed up like you!

Barbie games are always necessary
Everyone dressed as me
After hanging out for a while and playing a few games, there was one more surprise. Jon surprised me by coming in from NYC! He was dressed as the current version of me (which included au unchaperonedwhitegirl crop top)! I have enough booze to throw a frat party because he was in charge of buying it. He apparently almost bought more, but it doesn't help having multiple pregnant women who aren't drinking.

After the shower was officially over, we stayed in the Party Room (and on their patio) drinking and then moved the drinking to our condo. That was also very fun. Afterwards, we went to Mad Mex for a Gobblerito and then onto 5801!

 The shower was a lovely time - we played a few games (and not annoying ones I think), and it was so nice to see everyone all in one place. It really means a lot to me that my friends put this together and made it happe!


No comments:

Post a Comment