Thursday, February 2, 2017

2017 So Far

One month of 2017 down! I decided this was a good time to check in on my resolutions to see if I had already stopped any of them.

Surprise! I didn't!

1. Blog more
Definitely have been doing this. I have a total of 9 posts (including this one) blog posts in 2017. I just have to keep staying fairly consistent. I have been out of town a few times, so I didn't do as much as I liked, but it is more often than 2016!

2. Go to yoga more
Been good with this one too. The above referenced being out of town cut into the times, but when I am here I am consistent! I went 9 times in January. I think I have this one under control.

3. Do whatever I can to make sure that America doesn't go directly to hell 
I have donated more to PPWP, gone to events for PPWP, and am continuing to work on this. I've been faxing Pat Toomey (because it's the only way to get through to that man). Now that I am in town more, I am going to attend protests in person. Also, I should donate more money to basically everyone. (In a future post, I'm going to talk about the guy who mansplained how I feel about Trump while at the airport bar!)

4. Read 125 books. 
12 books read so far! Although someone needs to intervention me on what books I should read in public. Like...oh yes, a book called We Believe You: Survivors of Campus Sexual Assault Speak Out on the plane was definitely the perfect idea. There's no way you are going to make everyone around you uncomfortable by sobbing on the plane in an aisle seat. Previously, I have read The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking and One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway. Maybe it isn't best to read a book about hijacking on a plane. Nor should you be ugly sobbing. Gonna need a happy list! 

5. Learn to knit 
So, I looked at my knitting stuff. And picked up the needles. It shouldn't be this hard! I sit and watch TV a lot! 

6. Get to goal weight.
I'm five pounds away now! I was hoping to have made a little more progress, but trips to NYC and Seattle (plus a total lack of willpower and a love of wine) set me back. No giving up!

7. Find a job. 
Slight progress is being made on this front. My NYC trip was actually a job interview - it would be a work from home position. I feel like it went well, but there are other people they are interviewing. I should have an update within the next week or so about it. I'm still applying other places, but this is the closest I have gotten! So...still funemployed.
Edit: spoke too soon - didn't get the job

No comments:

Post a Comment