Tuesday, January 24, 2017

NYC - Center of the Universe?

Anyone who know me knows I love Pittsburgh. Probably more than the average resident. I have on an incline bracelet and bridge earrings right now!

But I do spend a lot of time in NYC. I used to go only when we would visit Caleb's family on holidays! After Jon moved there, I started going more often. Like...once a month more often. I have definitely drank the NYC Flavor Ade.

I have been trying to figure out why I love NYC. I used to say it was overrated and idealized. I think I figured it out on this trip.

People I love live here. People I miss dearly live here. Not just Jon either.

When I come to NYC, it's like a weird homecoming. Even though I never lived here, it feels like coming home somehow. I have a routine and places I go and things I do. Plus I don't have to work when I'm here (I mean... back when I used to work). When my position was eliminated, it became an escape.

NYC is everything Pittsburgh can't be for me. I never feel like I can be as cool or funny as I am here. Jon made a great point when I was figuring out outfits. I brought my zombie dress, but I didn't end up wearing it. When I asked Jon about it, he said he thought I would wear it in Pittsburgh but I may not wear the body suit. Which is true I guess.

Like I said before, unchaperoned white girl is my alter ego. I guess this makes NYC my alternate home.

No comments:

Post a Comment